Friday, February 17, 2012

Postscript..



 My thanks to all in our small group, including:
  • Roger, the patient leader and guide
  • Ken, the ultra mechanic and friend to all the world's dogs
  • Don, the Wyoming cowboy, riding "The Nepal Missile"(Kawi Super Sherpa)
  • Tom, who claims his BMW GS 1150 is his "small bike"
  • Jim, the off highway newbie, who was the only one(of the clients) whose bike didn't end up on it's side.
Then there was me who had a great time learning new riding skills on the VStrom, seeing new places, eating great food and making new friends.
 
What a cast of characters we had and what a way to bond them all together.
What good fun it was..
 
The trip back to San Diego:

 
Saturday morning, Jim and I had a quick breakfast at Eddie's Bar & Grill(the hotel breakfast) and headed out by about 7:30, saying goodbye to Roger, who was headed to the Cracker barrel. We had a reservation around Yuma for the night, but decided to cancel and keep on keepin' on for San Diego. Made it to my house around 6PM. My wife, Kath, and Jim's wife Jo were at play(we weren't expected til the next day), so we unloaded, and I headed for the larder and a glass of my favorite Scotch.

 
Home again and what a beautiful place it is..

 

No comments:

Post a Comment